This onion shaped urn trophy was presented to RNSYS in 1906 by George Wright.
It was won outright several times over during its early years and finally by Past Commodore J.E. Wood who won it outright in 1930 onboard his yacht Arab.
It was deeded permanently to the Squadron by Mrs. J.E. Wood in 1937.
The trophy was likely first used during a Marblehead race in 1981.